Saturday, May 1, 2010

Round one is done; now round two is up

Where to start with what happen in the first round of the NBA playoffs.

My first round predictions were a bust, I came no where near of my predictions and picked losing teams.

Lots of action, intensity and twist and turns happened in the western conference first round.

The No. 7 San Antonio Spurs defeated the No. 2 Dallas Mavericks in six games. I said I was going with the Mavs but I would not be surprised if the Spurs won and they did.

The No. 5 Utah Jazz defeated the No. 4 Denver Nuggets in six games. I had the Jazz winning in 7 and I was almost right, because they still won and they won because the Nuggets were a mess without its head coach, George Karl.

The biggest surprise is the No. 6 Milwaukee Bucks and the No. 3 Atlanta Hawks. I had the Hawks winning, and they still have a chance tomorrow in Game 7, but I didn't believe the Bucks could possibly win. They did not only force a Game 7, but they also had a 3-2 lead in the series. Tomorrow is the big game to see who Orlando will face, and I am going with the Hawks.

Now for my second round NBA predictions. Hopefully this goes better than the first time.

In the West:

No. 1 Los Angeles Lakers vs. No. 5 Utah Jazz.

I am going with the Lakers in five games. I know the Jazz and Lakers are both dealing with lots of injuries, but this is what the Lakers need after a long six game series against the Oaklahoma City Thunder. This series favors the Lakers because they dominate the tempo and front line. The only advantage the Jazz have is Deron Williams.

No. 3 Phoenix Suns vs. No. 7 San Antonio Spurs.

I am going with the Suns in six. I think the Spurs had a great series against the Mavericks, but I am not sure if they can do it again against the Suns. The Suns are doing really well right now, they had one of the best second half season records in the NBA and they continue to play really good. I think the reason why the Suns are playing great is because they finally got over the Amare Stoudemire trades.

Another reason why I am going with the Suns is because they would be a really great way for the Lakers to finally get revenge for those two first round loses against the Suns back in the 2006 and 2007 playoffs.

Now in the East:

No. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. No. 4 Boston Celtics

This is the series I am excited to watch. The Celtics have finally found their legs and are playing Boston Celtics basketball, the basketball that won them a NBA championship two years ago. I am going with the upset, I am picking the Boston Celtics in six games. I am convince the Celtics can beat the Cavs this year. Cleveland is really overrated and I don't believe the Cavs will ever win a championship in my lifetime. I am sure the Celtics can punch the Cavs in the face and move on to the eastern conference finals.

No. 2 Orlando Magic vs. No. 3 Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks are not in the second round at the moment, but I picked them to beat the Bucks tomorrow in Game 7 and I am sure it will go as planned. But either way, who ever faces the Magic in the second round will not beat them. I am picking the Magic in five games no matter if it's the Hawks or Bucks. No one will be a threat to the Magic until they go further into the playoffs. It is just a nice walk to the conference finals for the Magic in these two first rounds.

So there you have it, those are my second round picks; come back to check out more NBA playoff blogs by me and my conference finals predictions in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment